Washington new town is proud to boast two of the longest running and most successfull judo clubs in the Northeast. After many years, both clubs are now linked and work with each other to promote our wonderful sport. In addition to our two longstanding clubs, we are now in the position due to demand to open a third club specifically for under 10's which will be based in Columbia village. Judo is recognised as one of the best contact sports for children,young people an adults for your fitness, flexibility and co-ordination.
* Both Seishin and Washington clubs welcome children from 5 yrs of age upwards while
Columbia will be specifically for 5yrs to 10yrs.
* We boast an excellent ratio of coach's to members.
* No membership or joining fee.
* Your first two sessions at the club are free afterwhich the cost is only £3
* We offer subsidised fees for multiple family members.
* If you decide to join, you will need an annual licence which will cost £27 and £32 for juniors and
seniors with reduced renewal costs.
* There are jackets available to use for new starters.
* New starters are required to wear soft jogging type bottoms with no sharp zips or buttons until
they acquire a full suit.
* Suits can be ordered through the clubs trade accounts at a very good discounted rate.
* Refreshments and tuck shop at all three clubs.
Seishin Judokwai runs at Oxclose Academy on Wednesdays and Fridays 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Washington Judokwai runs at Harraton Community Centre on Wednesdays 6pm to 7.30pm.
Columbia Judokwai is based at Columbia Community Centre on Mondays from 5pm to 6:30pm. After 6.30pm is an open mat for anyone that wants to train or practice.
There are maps and addresses in our contact page.
You can contact head coach David Steadman on 07836780220 or email us at [email protected] or via our contact portal.
This is a new site for both clubs and is currently being updated and designed. In the meantime, If you need to contact either of the clubs representatives, this can be done via their Facebook pages or the contact form on this site.